Vehicle Tracking Operational Benefits
A broad range of impressive and measurable benefits can be derived by organisations utilising the extensive and fully modular TMS2 system.
Extensive integration into your existing back-office systems and industry-leading software including Routing and Scheduling Optimisation software from Paragon Software Systems.
Operational benefits are detailed below and other areas of benefit and given in various sections of this website and include Finance, Organisational, IT, Marketing & PR, HR, Corporate Responsibility.
In addition to transport optimisation, drivers’ time can be actively planned, resulting in maximum productivity from the scarcest and most costly assets. Transport managers gain visibility of the time drivers spend at the depot from the start to the end of the shift. Pre-planning driver shifts with visibility of total driver hours required will enable reduction of just in case labour costs such as excessive agency labour booking. By maximising the efficiency of drivers and vehicles, fewer resources are needed to run the same routes.
It becomes easy to calculate routes that maximise opportunities and minimise wasted journeys. Through more accurate scheduling of delivery times, idle time at the depot is reduced, so that vehicles spend more time out on the road, and less time empty. Depots and customers know exactly where vehicles are, so they can more accurately prepare for the arrival of goods.
Visibility of poor vehicle performance can help reduce running costs and, most importantly, fuel consumption. By looking at the routes taken by vehicles, clients can begin to optimise the miles driven every day as well as detect unauthorised journeys and be in a position to curb or allow them.
Many businesses are happy to allow drivers certain flexibility when it comes to ad-hoc journeys or the use of a company vehicle for occasional private use. But this trust can be abused, with significant extra mileage incurred at the expense of the business. The data available from the system enables clients to decide how to manage any unauthorised journeys.
Improved control over transport gives senior management the ability to not only balance service performance and transport costs but provide powerful tools and information to support sales & marketing activity and useful PR data.
Lone Worker Protection
Significant lone worker protection can be provided by the fully modular TMS2 system including:
- In-cab or driver worn panic buttons.
- 24/7 load and tailgate video monitoring clearly showing event during loading and unloading verifying accident claims and unauthorised activity.
- Real-time alerts when a load door is opened in an unauthorised location.
- Instantaneous in-cab driver performance feedback and debrief reports significantly reduces at-fault accidents.
- Forward facing camera continuously records the view from the cab – improves driver behaviour and helps identify the cause of accidents.
- Reduced driver stress levels by providing fully automated communications which eliminate the need for mobile phone use while traveling.
In terms of PR, the TMS2 system can provide fully substantiated reduced carbon emissions resulting from improved driving techniques and operational efficiencies. Operational efficiencies can lead to a reduction in fleet size for a given level of operations.
To support PR activity the system can provide:
- Reduction in CO emissions.
- Reduction in miles traveled.
- Improved driver performance.
- Reduction in at-fault accidents.
- Improved public safety – speeds monitored by vehicle speed limits.
- Reduced number of vehicles through increased efficiency.
Sales and Marketing Support
To support sales and marketing activity the system can provide:
- Improved customer service features.
- Real-time delivery information with continuously updated ETA.
- Confirmation of arrival on the customer site.
- Delivery signatures updated in virtually real time.
- Integration into customers back-office systems.
- Load and tailgate security.
- Route monitoring with off-route alerts.
- Reduction in paperwork with real-time electronic information.
- Real-time invoicing immediately following delivery.
- Fully managed system with 100% availability.